Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 7: Has it already been 7 days?!

7 days is a significant hurdle. It means I'm actually doing this. This cooking thing. This food awareness thing. This buying groceries thing. This making good choices all the time thing. This no grain thing. This no sugar thing.

There's still quite a ways to go, but I'm still here! Still drowning in glad containers and unsweetened coconut chips.

Breakfast

Before work:

  • 2 eggs sunny-side up (my best yet! Easier to make 2 at a time actually)
  • handful of ground turkey re-heated

It always looks like quite a bit, but that's the trick to mentally feeding your cravings. Giving your food more surface area to remind you what you're eating.

At work (I didn't have time for all of it, plus working at 8 means eating early)
  • Coconut chips and almonds
  • 2 tomato slices
  • mushrooms
Lunch
  • 1 chicken breast
  • 3 strawberries
  • a whole lot of asparargus (SO good with just a little coconut spray, salt, pepper, and a slight broil!)
  • applesauce

Dinner

I was at Ben's for dinner after we went grocery shopping, so it was a bit of a hodgepodge. Not quite as strict as I have been as far as putting my meal together all at one time. So just assume my dinner meal was spread out because it was. I don't plan on making this a habit of course, so I'm taking it in stride. I sill ate all whole30! Just more at my usual speed: chaotic.
  • handful of cashews
  • some ham leftover from my brother's grad party (3 weeks ago...) okay don't judge. It was in Ben's fridge and I wanted to see if it was still good, and hey, I'm not picky when it comes to ham in a bag!
  • Spring mix salad and chicken breast (Ben's chicken is so dang good)
  • The dressing is pictured to my right is Whole30 approved, though there's canola oil which is accepted, just not encouraged, but it was worth it to put on a smidge
  • 2 apples
  • 3 slices of a peach (I've never tried one until today! So it was ceremonial.
Grocery Shopping Week 2: Trader Joe's

I'm experimenting with where to buy my groceries based on quality and price. It's much easier to buy at a place like TJ's when the cart is not stacked with overpriced pita chips and dark chocolate expresso beans (however my mouth was stacked with saliva as we walked past both of these things).


  • 2 bags of carrots
  • 1 tomato
  • 4 avocados (they were much cheaper here in a bad
  • 1 red onion
  • 1 cauliflower head
  • 3 sweet potatoes
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 bag of spinach
  • 8 apples (small, in a bag, again, much cheaper!)
  • 3 bananas
  • 1 cantaloupe
  • 1 dozen eggs
  • 1 bag of cashews
  • 1 bag of brussel sprouts
  • 1 impulsive box of 12 peaches Ben and I split. Worth it.
  • Tahini sauce (this is for my attempt at making cauliflower hummus!)
  • Cumin




No comments:

Post a Comment