Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 15 & 16: So...I have energy now

I am almost to what the whole30-ers call on their timeline the "tiger blood" phase.

Cue the Rocky theme.

Apparently day 16 begins the downhill slope into your whole30 journey, and I truly feel a change! My body has much more energy and I'm not dragging around 2pm like I normally do. My clothes do fit better, and I am enjoying making new foods for myself.

I also feel full after my meals, but not the bloated, heavy kind of full. I never thought this was possible! I always equated being full to being sick, but I have experienced real satisfaction after I eat, not just because I made it all, but because my body is getting the nutrients it needs!

Breakfast
  • 3 eggs with diced onion and mushroom, plus some brussel sprout leaves (remembered a bit too late, so I threw them in even though the eggs were basically done)
  • 3 strawberries
  • cantaloupe 
At-Work Snack (yeah, yeah, this category shouldn't exist)
  • Carrots

Lunch
Dinner
  • Spinach salad with chicken, diced mushroom/tomato/onion/carrot
  • applesauce
  • 1/2 of a banana
Day 16!

I know I am behind a couple of posts, so I'll just combine!

Breakfast
  • 3 eggs with mushroom, brussel sprout leaves, tomato, onion
  • 1/2 banana
  • 3 strawberries
  • coffee (this should always be assumed when I have breakfast, and usually mid-day, I just forget to post it because it's similar to drinking water for me!)
Lunch

I went to the pool yesterday for a good friend of mine's 20th birthday (106 degrees! Aaaaand only put sunscreen on my face. Idiocy at its finest.) So we packed a lunch and spent the afternoon laying in the sun, cooling off in the water, and talking each others ears off. What we (I especially) do best, really.
I had this grand plan for us to brown bag our lunches, for her, a sandwich, for me, a salad.

Sigh.

Yet being the genius that I am, remembered 10 minutes before she was supposed to be there that I did not have any bread! I just always assume I do, even when I'm on a no-grain plan. Nice.
So I ran my butt over to Super Saver and picked up a loaf along with a couple of apples that could not be told no.

Turned out just fine, we arrived at my house at the same time! So lunch was:
  • Spinach salad with 1/2 chicken breast, lots of tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and carrots
  • 1/2 peach
  • 1 apple
  • carrots
Dinner

This meal did not go particularly well, which I understand is bound to happen, but I was disappointed all the same. 

I came back late from working with Nancy (who I'd just prepared a delicious dinner of salmon, brussel sprouts, and a fresh salad atop with nuts/dried cranberries/tomatoes) so I wanted to be relatively quick (first mistake, never be in a rush to cook), so I did my go-to side of sauteed sweet potatoes and spinach, but I don't think I had enough sweet potatoes to balance out the rest of the ingredients, so they overcooked and were covered in oil. 

After papertoweling them (yes, that's a verb now) most of the oil was gone, but it looked pretty terrible. I was starving by this point, so I just threw togeter a plate of tahini tuna, but the dang mini-tomatoes I bought did not slice well at all and squirted everywhere. 

I was scrambling and starving. 
A risky combo. 

Plus my avocado was too-ripe which made it slip and slide all into a nice pile of mush.

Clearly not over any of this.

However, I have these two pictures to crack me up, so all is well.


Let me clarify, Ben is chain-smoking a carrot and Sunny was not caught in a bad moment, we just like making that face.

No comments:

Post a Comment