Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 10: So this is what it's like to feel full

Planning out my meals is becoming habit. Not full-on, personality change, start pinteresting baked
goods for the elderly and making artsy to-do lists.
But I am changing my ways, and dang, can I cut an avocado like it's nobody's business

If I start suggesting we go to Michaels to do some DIY, someone run me over with a large motor-vehicle.

Seriously though, I'm still me, I just know how to handle a knife a little bit better and read labels more often. My favorite is when it says, ingredients: carrots.
I can handle that.

I can also handle breakfast. I think I've got it down.

Breakfast

  • 2 eggs over easy
  • a small sliver of chicken cut up (probably 2 fingers worth)
  • monkey salad
Lunch - Chipotle! (Again)

  • Lots o' lettuce
  • tomato salsa
  • carnitas
  • guac ($1.80 extra...still worth it)



I ate SUPER late (around 2:30) because Ben and I had a bunch of errands to run, so I ate with too much urgency. I know I have to plan better in advance, but these days are bound to happen. I also ate a bunch of TJ's pistachios. YUM.

Dinner

I made dinner all by myself because Ben was working hard on his O chem homework. I figured hours and hours of chemistry elicited some french fries, so I had a full baking sheet full of the following:
  • sweet potato fries (for me)
  • regular 'ol crinkle-cut for Ben (from the bag, I did not homemake both fries because whole30 does not allow white potatoes anyway)
  • brussel sprouts (roasted, not broiled/burnt like attempt #1)
  • Chicken (this was simply heated up)

It turned into a delicious meal! My stomach was not feeling the best, so I ate a very small piece of chicken, but it was tasty! The brussel sprouts could have been better. I think the problem may be my oven, but I'm going to try them again next week with maybe more of an elaborate recipe to spice them up!

Never thought that kind of sentence would come out of my amateur mouth...
Need to lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment