Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 13: Kansas City knows how to BBQ

Breakfast

  • Monkey Salad (w/almonds instead of cashews)
  • a handful of carrots and celery in the car
  • small piece of chicken (out of eggs, booo)

Lunch
This was the lunch of all lunches. We went to Rosedale BBQ and ate the best BBQ I've ever tasted. The meat practically fell right off the bone. I tried three ribs, some coleslaw (probably not whole30 approved mayo...), a couple of pieces of sausage, and part of the chicken. I passed on the fries, which was not difficult at all since I'd been doing so for almost 2 weeks and there were so many other choices!

We spent the rest of the day walking around, shopping at the Plaza, and just enjoying not having anything on our agenda. We are terrible at remembering to take pictures (yes, yes this is supposed to be the girl's job, but I'm always too concerned with wanting to keep moving to stop and take a picture. Metaphor for my personality? Analyze away.) 

But really, word of advice: don't wait until you are both tired and walking to the car to remember to take the picture. 

Don't we look thrilled?

And sweaty, mostly sweaty.

Dinner
We really wanted to eat at another BBQ restaurant when we began the day, but even after 6 hours of shopping, we were still ridiculously full, and still had a 3 hour drive back. It was an ambitious goal.

Dinner ended up being:
  • 2 small apples (really, I am never buying the bag of baby apples again, I like my apples to have some personality)
  • 1 piece of chicken
  • some pistachios/almonds
  • a lot of carrots
Pretty weaksauce dinner. I know. But hey, it was around 9pm and I was starving.

And no, not one solid picture of the city. I know. What a noob. I did snag this one, though:


Ha-ha. He likes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment