Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 17: Skimping on breakfast is not ideal

Breakfast:
Oof. Ran late to work, managed to get coffee and a chicken breast on the go.
These are the mornings I miss granola and yogurt.
Eating a seasoned chicken breast for breakfast?!
Just plain weird.
But hey, I got my protein!

le sigh

Lunch
I treated my lunch like a breakfast redo, which absolutely hit the spot!

  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 peach
  • 1/2 avocado
  • some ground turkey
  • 2 fried eggs
  • coffee out of one of my favorite mugs

It has been hard to kick my snack habit. Yes, snacking on good foods is not the worst thing ever. It is just so hard to resist eating a few cantaloupe pieces when I see it, or grabbing a few carrots when the glad container looks so full and happy. These are not terrible habits, but I know I do it with any type of food, not just fruits and veggies, it's just that now my house is stocked with better alternatives. I'd like to have enough self control to keep around one bag of pretzels and a container of hummus and have it last a week!


Dinner:

  • 1/2 banana
  • applesauce
  • 3/4 of a chicken breast
  • sweet potato fries
  • the mayo Ben and I made went bad (shock! That was three weeks ago, but do I consider this when purchasing "broccoli slaw" on sale a HyVee? Of course not.) So anyway, I made my own creation of broccoli slaw, celery seeds, other spices, all in Tahini sauce! (my new favorite addition to meals - though there's a lot of fat in it - it's good fat, but still, smaller portions are better.


I can't live my whole life avoiding food, I have to be strong enough to live with it and make a choice. Right now I'm in a whole30 bubble of sorts with, yes, some semblance of choice, but in another sense, the 30 days make the tough choices for me.

I hope I can continue to make good decisions for myself and my body when I'm off of these 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment