Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 22 & 23: Eggs aren't the only thing that fry

Day 22 - Monday
Breakfast:
  • 3 eggs w/onion/green pepper/spinach
  • banana
Lunch
I was starving after work and was having a grumpy Monday as a result, but don't worry, Ben swooped in with his patience and quick thinking as always. It was the kind of Monday where everyone was walking, driving, and talking too slow for me, plus when I got gas, I almost put diesel in my car.

I'm not kidding.

Anyway, I bought quite a few groceries to hopefully last me through the week before I leave for HOME! So pumped.

We did a simple lunch of sandwiches and a LOT of fruit. Ben even bought the good deli meat.

He put his sandwich in bread, I stuck mine in a cucumber.

*le sigh*

I'm ready for a little bit o' bread, I really am.

Dinner
After I worked the desk that morning, I had to work another 4 hours for Nancy at 3pm, and knowing I would be tired and hungry (again), Ben not only prepared chicken, cut up all of my carrots/cantaloupe, organized my fridge, and cleaned my kitchen, but he made me sweet potato fries for dinner!

This guy.

Somethin' else.

I was starving, so I ate a ton of fruit/carrots after the meal you see in the above picture. He ate ice cream for dessert, I ate cantaloupe - my new favorite thing EVER!

Day 23 - Tuesday

This was such a good day! I had the morning off from Selleck (can I get a hallelujah?!)
I spent the morning drinking coffee and watching the office. It was glorious.

Breakfast

  • 3 eggs with diced mushroom/green pepper/spinach
  • banana
  • a lot of cantaloupe (seriously, it's almost gone...I can now consume an entire cantaloupe in about a day. Just thought I'd confess that to the public)

I then hopped on my bike since it was such a beautiful summer morning to visit Ben after his class with a banana and an idea to have a pool day!
Lunch

  • apple
  • carrots
  • 1/2 chicken breast
It was a successful pool day! Enjoying the clouds, the sun, and jumping in the water when it got too hot. Felt very Summer-wind-esque.

AND! As an added bonus, I wore the infamous beach hat! Ben and I found this hat at J. Crew several months ago and he refused to let me buy a duplicate because none of them fell the same way since this was strictly "for him, not for me."

Right.

But anyway, I finally got to wear it to the pool! Gotta love us some J. Crew.

However, though the afternoon was completely lovely, the afterwards was rough.

Holy burn, batman.

We got FRIED!

I forgot what it's like to get burned, I really have. Maybe it's the Turkish descent, or maybe it's that it's been several years since I really laid out with the intent to change my skin color (to TAN, not beet red!!) Either way, we were miserably rubbing aloe vera on ourselves all night, but still, we both agreed it was a great day.

Dinner
This meal was absolutely wonderful, courtesy of Ben who is such a good cook, he really is.
I left after a post-pool-post-burn shower to work for Nancy, and in that time, Ben went to the store and got us a colorful, summery meal!

I got to watch.
Actually, we realized it had been a while since he prepared a full-on-Ben-style meal for me, and it was heavenly.

He sautéed shrimp (which I helped de-skin! Or whatever you call taking off their legs - felt slightly cruel, but only slightly) with all fresh veggies: broccoli, red pepper, onion, garlic, zucchini, and summer squash! It was all seasoned and steamed and delicious!

As he put it, it was a four-burner kind of night.

We do not kid around when it comes to food.

No comments:

Post a Comment