Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 19: A mixing food kind of day

Breakfast
Out of eggs (booo...) And I was running late to work, so it was a pretty lame meal

  • what was left of my ground turkey
  • monkey salad, but with a few almonds instead of cashews
  • banana
  • apple
  • coffee
Lunch
  • Broccoli slaw/broccoli/spinach/chicken salad with tahini sauce (take two!) such deliciousness
  • one apple 
  • unsweetened coconut chips (a lot of them...whoops)
Dinner
Tried out TWO recipes I found. Hardly even recipes, which is why the me that was not in a particularly vibrant cooking mood liked it so much.

The first recipe I tried was for "magical tomatoes" from a blog I absolutely love to follow. It's not a cooking blog, but when she occasionally has recipe's, they are mighty good. I added cucumber to my creation and did not have parsley or fresh basil, just the kind from the container. Whoops.

The second recipe was less of a recipe and more of an idea from pinterest. The thought is use a cucumber as your basis of bread for a sub and pack it with meat (and cheese if allowed). It was great! I am definitely going to do it again. There was a heavenly crunch and a savory swallow.
  • Magical tomatoes
  • cucumber sub with deli turkey and a hint of tahini (I'm addicted to this stuff now)
  • apple

After dinner snack (ack, every time I write this category I am annoyed)
  • carrots
  • strawberries ($1.50 at Target! YUM! Already almost gone....)

No comments:

Post a Comment