Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 24 and 25: recovering from sunburns and too many eggs

Day 24 - Wednesday

Ahh, the desperation of a late-to work Breakfast:
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 small package of heart healthy nuts - courtesy of kwik trip
  • coffee (still did not feel like enough)
Lunch

  • chicken breast (remember, these are always 1/2 the size of a regular one, I just always forget to mention that)
  • apple
  • fried egg (terribly done, not gonna lie, I was starving and rushed)
  • carrots

Dinner

  • Guacamole
  • another apple (addicited)
Okay before you judge my teeny dinner, remember that guac has TWO full avocados and a lot of other ingredients. I just was not that hungry apparently, which I know is odd. However, I made up for it the next day.

Day 25 - Thursday

Breakfast

  • 1 banana
  • 1 avocado
  • eggs with onion & green pepper (SO much leftover onion/pepper!)
  • coffee
I had to babysit at 9am, which ended up lasting until 2pm instead of the original plan of noon (merr). That variable threw off my lunch plans, so I had to get creative!

At someone else's house.
Yikes.

It turned out fine, it really did.
I munched on carrots and cashews and made myself a little bowl of chicken with green beans and some fresh salsa (that had all raw ingredients listed, except one, that I think may have been sugar...whoops. Hoping it's minimal! I didn't have a sugar rush or anything, just a craving for tostidos)

Dinner

I was so hungry, guys.
  • 3 eggs and a can of tuna (TOO many eggs. I am used to eating two-three scrambled eggs, but for this tuna/egg scramble, it was too much. I felt kinda sick)
  • carrots galore!
I had an insanely busy day babysitting 9-2 and then helping Nancy around 5-7, then realized I didn't have anything at my house (well, I did have some garlic, and I know I said I like a lot of garlic in my guacamole, but eating raw garlic might have been overkill), so I ran to HyVee and picked up a 'few things.' 

My current state of hunger led me to believe that for the next two days I needed 4 apples, 1 bag of whole carrots, 2 bananas, 4 cans of tuna, and 18 eggs.

Okay, okay, the eggs I'm leaving for Ben since he has graciously given me so many of his, and the large amounts of tuna are for when I get back, but still. More food than I though, but only about $10!

Lately, I feel myself wanting to slip back into my lazy/hungry ways of find whatever is close/easy, then eat it, instead of patiently planning.

I did however (if you noticed) did not post a grocery list for the week. I, instead, just picked up what I thought I'd need/like for a couple of days and not tally it, just because I feel life is more like that. The cooking process is still all about prep and thought, but it cannot be perfectly mapped out. 

I don't want to go back to "real" life, without whole30 rules, thinking it has to be executed in a way that isn't me, at least not completely me. I've enjoyed aspects of whole30 life, and I'd like to keep it that way, free of resentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment