Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 5: side effects include: grumpiness, nauesa and a guac craving

Happy Friday, All!

So I've tried not to get too caught up in the whole30 timeline dictating what my moods will be during this 30 day experiment because I believe that if I read it, I will use it as justification instead of truly listening to my body. But after my guac meltdown and slight grumpy-gills attitude, I took a peek, and aha! I'm not alone! Day 4 is labeled "KILL ALL THE THINGS."Yes, yes please do.
"Even experienced Whole30ers (myself included) go through this phase.  Every nerve is lit, temperance is non-existent and the only solution to the problem seems to be to Kill All of the Things."
This brought me comfort waking up today (on day 5, though it won't be posted until day 6) as I not only felt the grump-monster, but also some nausea. I tried to ignore it, drink some water, and down my coffee before I biked to work (brilliant choices here, I know) BUT when I'm determined, and when coffee is a factor, I  tend to ignore all reason and power through. So I went online and found this is a problem for many, and the majority suggested it was their body's way of informing them they were hungry!

I had not considered this because the second I took my food out of their ziplocks, I could not imagine taking a single bite. However, once I took a few bites, I felt much better!

Breakfast (no pic today, was in a rush, but it looks basically the same as before)
  • Monkey salad
  • cantaloupe
  • 1 tomato slice (He looked sad and rejected from yesterday, so I brought him)
  • 1 hardboiled egg
Lunch

Apparently I have become an avocado addict. I know it is considered a "good" fat, but I don't know how sane my guac craving is...all I know is it is being satisfied because today, I went to chipotle with a friend!

We were going to eat at panera (I agreed, thinking I could find a suitable option), but when pickings looked slim after some online research, I figured chipotle would be more satisfying for both of us anyway. I love panera, but I'm never that thrilled trading the cashier my $9.50 for a soft apple, a small bowl of soup, and half of, what I wish was a whole, panini. It's a good, fairly healthy option, but it's just not done that well (says the girl who used to settle for panera almost every week).

Anyway!
  • Burrito bowl with:
  • carnitas (not cooked in soybean oil, yay!)
  • lettuce
  • guac (I'm tellin' ya, it's becoming my crack)
  • tomato salsa

Dinner

Ben took me to HuHot Mongolian Grill! It was the perfect place to go out because I could eat delicious stirfry, just without the noodles! It was great!


I had a couple of what you see here, since my first go around was rather small. It was incredibly filling, and I tried my best to figure out which oils are whole30 approved beforehand, so once I got there, It proved to be incredibly easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment