Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 1 Meals: eggs are my best friend

I didn't mention in my last post, but Ben helped me prep last night for almost 2 hours! Well, it wasn't just prepping, it was also instructing, giving me cooking tips, and finding glad containers that could withstand my massive amounts of vegetables.

Really, this guy can slice a tomato, let me tell ya.

So anyway, with day 1 over, it's gone about as I expected as far as stomach reactions. Definitely feel really full after I eat because it's so much (again, this is the adjustment from the life of a snacker to a meal-eater. Foreign, less crumbly, territory here).


It was also one of my goals to slow down and not watch tv/go on the computer while I'm eating. I have a terrible habit of practically swallowing my food because I am either too distracted to realize I'm eating, or wait too long to eat a substantial amount of nutrients so I gorge on carb-y snacks to fill me up. So I ate both meals at my kitchen table with a large glass of water and silence. It was hard not to watch my netflix que of grey's anatomy, but this whole 30 challenge is about more than just the food intake. It's about building healthy habits!



Breakfast: Woke up VERY late today, around 11, so I just started with a lunch at 12:30. That happens so rarely that I'm just going to write it out as a one-time occurrence  I just treated my lunch like a breakfast/brunch thing. Works for me.

  • Coffee (Black. This is not an adjustment, I always drink black coffee)
  • 3 Scrambled eggs, handful of spinach, diced tomatoes, diced mushroom, and ground turkey (all of this was prepped last night, making it much easier/faster)
  • 2 slices of orange (cut in half)
  • 3 strawberries
  • cantaloup



Dinner: I worked late, until about 8, so I was starving, but I resisted the urge to ravenously attack my fruit/other snacks. That is HUGE for me. Usually, I don't have the self-control to even wait 15 minutes to make something, but I'm trying to reinforce this new habit. I mean, it's day one, it's going to be easy, but it felt like a good way to start off!
  • 1 slice of tomato, cut in half (there were 2, but I couldn't finish the other one)
  • 3/4 cup applesauce
  • frozen broccoli/cauliflour/ carrots, about half of the bag
  • ground turkey (leftover)
  • handful of cashews
  • 4 slices of mushroom
  • 1 fried egg (seems basic, but this is asmall way I tried something new! I've never done it before, but I like it!)


After dinner snack (I know this typically isn't allowed, but I was hungry from no breakfast):
  • 1/2 of a hardboiled egg and an apple


No comments:

Post a Comment