Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 4: Glad containers are my life now

And ziplocks! Don't forget the ziplocks


Mmm, such an artsy photo. I call this: rush hour in ziplocks

Breakfast
  • 1 banana
  • handful of cashews/coconut chips
  • 2 hardboiled eggs
  • 2 mushrooms (sliced)
  • 2 and 1/2 slices of tomato (didn't eat one)
This felt like a big breakfast - it is! So I got to work and ate most of it, but I left 1/2 of a hardboiled egg, some of my monkey salad, and 1 tomato slice. I was incredibly full, but again, about an hour and 1/2 later, I was ready to finish it off, and I did, except for the lone tomato slice. I don't know if this is considered "snacking." I just saw it as finishing my breakfast. I work at 8, so it's just kind of early to eat so much.

Lunch


The guacamole melt-down of 2013.
Well, not really, but kind of. 

I have watched, and even functioned as an excellent avocado assistant, as Ben has made guac before, but doing it on my own for the first time after working all morning and coming home pretty hungry was not the best idea. I face-timed him, spouting on about my frustration with garlic and the consistency of avocados and just all around anger at myself, poor guy. He's a champ, he really is.


However, he told me which part of the garlic to chop off and just take a deep breath. After that, it actually turned out pretty great! I could tell it was not as good as his, but instead of discouraging me, that just spurred me on to make it even better next time!

  • Leftover turkey burger from yesterday
  • lots of guac
  • 4 strawberries (though only three are pictured)
  • a couple of over-cooked green beans
  • some leftover veggies from the other day
Mid-afternoon snack
Cashews and almonds (I used to snack heavily on almonds, so this was a good way to still incorporate a few without having that endless tub of them I buy from Target and just pick from when I'm bored)

Dinner

  • Leftover salad from the other day (chicken included)
  • the rest of the guac (a delicious edition. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about scarfing it all afternoon, but I resisted until dinner!)
  • 1 apple
Evening Snack (I know, I know)
  • Carrots
Pretty successful day! And the guac concoctions even made it on the insta! (if you couldn't already tell from the tinted coloring and artsy blur), does that mean I'm really doing this? Accountability anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment